To obtain a full-time position in project & content management and production.
Associate Software Designer/Client Manager | 2/2006–9/2010 | AFS Web
- Developed feature lists and requirements – after extensive market research – for proprietary ZoomCMS content management software and the soon-to-be-released MemberZoom product.
- Helped design & spec custom business process software and executed pre-release Q/A regime & bug entry.
- Served as initial point of contact for all client requests for updates and custom programming.
- Provided technical support for entire portfolio of clients and managed many simultaneous tasks.
- Completed HTML and graphic updates; did purchasing research & managed SEM accounts.
- Provided support to company’s CEO.
Technology Consultant/Contract Employee | 1999–2005 | Ohio State University/Dawson
- Directed the development of Face2Face; one of OSU’s earliest web-based, distance-learning projects.
- Assisted college researchers in the creation of online data gathering and reporting solutions.
- Served in a long-term position – through Dawson Resources – with Value City Distribution Center discovering efficiencies using Excel, Access & VBA solutions for merchandise tracking and reporting functions.
Web Publisher | 1996-2002 | Self Employed, All4one Search Machine
- Invented, programmed (with PHP) and marketed All4one Search Machine, a frames-based, meta-search website.
- All4one was called “Awesome” by Internet guru Howard Rheingold, “quite extraordinary” by Hiawatha Bray of The Boston Globe and was also covered by Reuters, USA Today Online, The New York Times CyberTimes, PC Magazine, Inter@ctive Week and many other major technical publications.
- Negotiated the sale of All4one to CMP Media (now United Business Media.) CMP was a $400 Million technology publishing company at the time.
- Acted as the Managing Director for All4one at CMP and directed marketing, budgeting & platform vendor selection efforts.
- Coordinated the launch of the All4one product at the April 1997 Internet World in Los Angeles; including overseeing the design of a kiosk and printed materials.
Recording Engineer/Arranger | 1984-1997 | Self -Employed
- Recipient of numerous Platinum and Gold awards for remixing, composing and arranging artists in a wide variety of musical styles.
- Voting Member: National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences
- Clients included Gloria Estefan, The Bee Gees and Jon Secada; recorded tracks for the “Top Gun” and “House Party” soundtracks; remixed numerous Top-10 Dance hits; worked on Marcia Griffith’s ‘Electric Boogie’ and other R&B gold; and helped create numerous best-selling Latin recordings.
- Worked in the production of ADDY award winning audio for radio and television ads and corporate multimedia presentations at one of south Florida’s premier agencies.
- Instructed Advanced Mixing class at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida.
Part-time Student | March 1998-March 2000 | Ohio State University
- Attended classes in Journalism and Political Science while simultaneously working for OSU and maintaining a 3.67 GPA.
- Wrote a weekly editorial/opinion column for the Lantern; Ohio State’s respected daily newspaper.
Honors Program participant, multiple Dean’s List awards & member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars.